Durability and Maintenance:
- Concrete: Much more durable than asphalt as a concrete installation can last 2-3 times as long as an asphalt installation. Virtually maintenance free for many years as long as you keep extremely heavy traffic off of your Minnesota concrete driveway. Concrete slab repairs are more expensive than asphalt repairs and usually must be completed by a qualified Minneapolis concrete driveway contractor.
- Asphalt: Has a tendency to crack even without heavy traffic on it and must be sealed every 3-5 years. Repairs are cheaper than concrete slab repairs but they are more frequent as well. Only lasts about half as long as a concrete slab installation.
- Concrete: A concrete driveway concrete grinding machine hire can have finishes applied by a Minneapolis concrete driveway contractor and these finishes include broom swept, exposed aggregate, stained and stamped concrete for a variety of looks. When a Minneapolis concrete driveway contractor stamps concrete, it can have the look of brick, slate, flagstone or cobblestone.
- Asphalt: One plain finish, unable to have any of the concrete slab finishing techniques applied to it by a concrete driveway contractor. It can be mixed in different colors although the most common is black. You can go with an ivory color if you wish to have a lighter color.
- Concrete: A concrete slab will hold up well against hot weather but is not as strong against extreme cold conditions.
- Asphalt: Handles extreme cold without cracking but in warmer weather it softens and turns sticky.
A concrete driveway contractor can work with you to ensure that your Minnesota driveway is suitable for the surrounding terrain. If the concrete driveway is going to be too steep the land can be graded by the Minneapolis concrete driveway contractor to make the driveway more suitable for driving and parking. You also should consider extreme weather conditions as a concrete slab will freeze and can become icy in the winter months. You don’t want a driveway that is too steep, you might see these conditions frequent in the area you live in, especially if you have a long driveway. Minneapolis concrete driveway contractors can work with you to make sure your driveway ends up the best it can be with the land available.